A deposit of $500 is required at the time of booking for 3 and 7 day retreats, $1000 is required for 10 - 21 day retreats. If a credit or debit card is used, an Authorisation Hold for the deposit amount plus a transaction fee of 3%, is placed on the card at the time of booking. Full payment is required 7 days before arrival. This may be done using Direct Credit into our business bank account 12-3217-0133318-00 (please use your name as a reference). Overseas payments will require the SWIFT Code ASBBNZ2A. If using a credit or debit card, the full amount plus a 3% transaction fee applies.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
1. Cancellations with more than 14 days notice will generate a refund of the deposit paid or release the Authorisation Hold, if a credit or debit card used.
2. Cancellations with 14 days or less AND more than 7 days notice will generate a refund of 50% deposit paid or, if a credit or debit card used, attract a payment of 50% of the Authorisation Hold amount.
3. Cancellations with 7 days or less notice will forfeit the deposit paid or, if a credit or debit card used, attract a payment of 100% of the Authorisation Hold amount.
PERSONAL INFORMATION PROVIDED BY GUEST
2. We collect personal information to enable us to provide the guest with products and services commensurate with their needs and wishes. Personal information may also be used to communicate our news, events and promotions, including our products and services which we think may be of interest to our guests. We may also use such information for market research and quality control, as well as for statistical and analytical purposes, in order to deliver particular services or products which are in response to our guests' needs. Personal information will not be used for communication outside recognised business relationship guidelines.
PERSONAL INFORMATION ACQUIRED ELECTRONICALLY
ThIs type of information identifies the visiting computer rather than the actual individual operator.
We utilise this information for two primary purposes:
1. To enhance our ability to provide high quality customer service to our guests
2. For marketing and research purposes
MAKING A RESERVATION
CREATING A GUEST PROFILE
During the reservation process you may opt to create a guest profile, and in doing so provide us with personal information, including but not limited to name, contact details, reason for booking, dietary requirements and payment details. All information provided to create your guest profile is covered under Personal Information.
Ridge Country Retreat websites use the SSL encryption protocol to guarantee secure transactions and complete confidentiality. All your browsing data while you are visiting our website is secured and when a reservation is initiated, your session is redirected to a secure purpose built server for the entering and processing of payment details. The eCommerce transaction that secures your booking occurs within a secure network that is compliant with industry best practice.
DURING YOUR STAY
During your stay, we record your itemised spending to accurately assemble your folio, which sets out your room rate and other expenses billed to your room. We also record this information to comply with financial reporting requirements, including those imposed by our auditors and government regulators. Information particular to your stay may also be stored (i.e. health issues, payment difficulties). This stay-specific information is stored at Ridge Country Retreat and is combined with information from previous visits that you have made to our property. We may also collect certain information as required by local laws (e.g. passport number). In addition, we may retain the content of any document (including comment cards, electronic documents such as emails and other similar forms of communication) that you send us before, during, or following your stay. This information may be shared within Ridge Country Retreat but will not be shared with any third party. Finally, we are required under relevant law to log and retain all records of internet activity at Ridge Country Retreat for a period of 90 days.
STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take steps to ensure that personal information is kept in a secure location, to which only authorised individuals have access. We also store certain guest information in our Property Management System ("the System"). The System comprises a secure customer database stored on a server. We store protected information for such period of time as required by law or for as long as we believe there to be a business justification for doing so. It is important to note that no email communication is fully secure. We recommend that you do not include any confidential information when using email. For your protection, our email responses to you will not include any confidential information.
PERSONAL INFORMATION PROVIDED TO THIRD PARTIES
GUEST ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are happy to provide our guests, upon written signed request, with details of the protected information that we hold about them. We require that proof of identity be provided together with any such requests, typically in the form of a passport copy, together with contact information for the purposes of verification. Inquiries about protected information should be addressed to:
Ridge Country Retreat
300 Rocky Cutting Road
Tauranga, Bay of Plenty 3175 New Zealand